If you have a large item you need picked up, such as a sofa, cooker, bed, mattress you can request a free bulky waste collection from us. We can lift up to 4 items per household.
Call us on 028 3752 9624 to check whether we can pick up your item.
If we can collect your item, we’ll give you a collection date and agree a place for you to leave it out for our staff.
Preparing for a collection
- Make sure we can lift your item or items
- Leave them neatly in one place so that we can easily reach them
- Tie, tape or bundle large amounts of wood, for example old furniture units
- Don’t leave out any items other than those which you booked with us originally (we also can’t collect extra rubbish bags as part of a bulky waste collection)
How you can help us
It’s very important that our staff can collect your unwanted item quickly and easily. You can help us do this by:
- Making it easy for us to reach the items
- Leaving items outside your property (we can’t enter parts of your home, including garages and sheds, to collect items)
- Leaving all items out as close to 7.30am as possible on the day of collection (putting them out too early may encourage others to illegally dump their waste with yours)
- Leave your bulky waste item(s) at your bin collection point.