City Property Services
Thomas Street, Armagh
Tel: 028 3752 8888
Russell Street, Armagh
Tel: 028 3751 5455
City Centre Manager
Armagh City & District Council
The Palace Demesne, Armagh
Tel: 028 3752 9632
About City Centre Management (CCM)
Established in 1999, CCM is a public private partnership set up to direct the planning, implementation and management of regeneration activity in Armagh City Centre.
CCM currently comprises of a number of traders and business owners from a variety of sectors, Armagh City and District Council, PSNI, Translink and the Churches Forum.
In 2010 Armagh City and District Council agreed to fund a dedicated City Centre Manager to deliver projects and initiatives in the City Centre as directed by CCM. Funding for projects comes from a range of sources including Council, the Department for Social Development, other statutory agencies and the private sector.
Achievements to date
In partnership with Armagh City and District Council, CCM’s key achievements to date include:
- The publication of a strategy for City Centre development and regeneration
- Completion of a Peace II funded project to improve accessibility, lighting and increase activity in Market Square.
- Successful completion of a £5m comprehensive Environmental Improvement Scheme for 11 key City Centre streets, including a shop frontage scheme and Public Art which are ongoing.
- Delivery of tailored business development programmes for local businesses
- Assisting with the development and delivery of a City Centre events strategy
- Promotion and Marketing of Armagh City Centre to local and regional audiences.
- The appointment of a City Centre Manager in 2010 which has assisted greatly in providing a single point of contact for City Centre issues and also in engaging local businesses in City Centre events, marketing and training initiatives.